Careers at INK
An opportunity to be part of an exciting new company that is committed to accelerating the journeys of change makers.
- Creative Editor (Posted: July 19, 2016)
INK is India’s foremost platform for the exchange of cutting-edge ideas and inspiring stories. Known for the annual INK Conference, INK Asia, INK Salons, and programs such as INK Fellows, we are a community that accelerates the journeys of the change makers.
ABOUT THE POSITION
INK is looking for a driven creative editor with a keen eye for detail and passion for visual storytelling.
Producing high quality video content is crucial to telling the story of INK and ultimately the community of change-makers whose journeys we are committed to accelerating.
We are looking for a talented creative editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting across YouTube and other social media channels.
Ultimately, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
Each year, through its various events and two flagship conferences, INK produces a variety of high quality video content that is hosted on our website and YouTube and broadcasted across our social media channels.
The material you work with will include combinations of camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
This is a key role in the post-production process and your skills can determine the quality and delivery of the final product.
You’ll usually work closely across teams and key stakeholders to achieve the desired end result.
- Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred receiving an initial brief on expectations of the edit of the talks inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronizing and storing them into files on the computer;
- Digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the talk and deciding what is usable;
- Creating a rough cut (or assembly edit) of the talk and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages;
- Reordering and tweaking the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the video.
- Creating intelligently crafted mash-ups and vignettes for social media promotion
- Managing YouTube presence to ensure the INK Channel is optimized for maximum engagement
- Coming with creative ways to edit and promote our video content
- Overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing
- Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements
- Suggesting or selecting music
- Producing annual promotional videos about INK, our conferences and programs
- 3+ years of experience in video editing
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g.Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Degree in film studies, cinematography or related field
HOW TO APPLY
Interested? Please send a detailed resume along with a letter describing interest and motivation, and samples of editing work to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject line “Job Application: Video Editor”.