An opportunity to be part of an exciting new company that aims to impact the way people think and feel – with disruptive ideas and inspiring stories.
Video Editor (Location: Bangalore)
Posted February 2nd, 2015
INK stands for Innovation and Knowledge. We are committed to sharing ideas that disrupt and stories that inspire, from the most unexpected sources.
We are a 5-year-old company that organizes one of India's leading conferences -- the INK Conference, and runs the INK Fellows Program and INKtalks.com. The annual INK Conference attracts a few hundred of the world's most influential thinkers and doers to speak and attend. Artists, technologists, scientists, designers, entrepreneurs, archeologists, space explorers are some of the people that form part of the eclectic group that attend our events.
The role will be based out of the Bangalore office. The candidate will be responsible to work on the video content for www.inktalks.com and its associated projects.
About the position
As a video editor, you'll be responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that's suitable for broadcasting and online distribution. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. This is a key role in the post-production process and your skills can determine the quality and delivery of the final product. You'll usually work closely with the team to achieve the desired end result.
Your work as an editor will involve:
- Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred
- Multi-cam editing, content cut, color grading and audio mastering
- Receiving an initial brief on expectations of the edit of the talks
- Inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronizing;
- Digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the talk and deciding what is usable;
- Creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the talk and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages;
- Reordering and tweaking the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the video
- Archiving and organizing all raw footage and edited content
- Maintain video library back-ups on the cloud and physical hard drives
- overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing;
- experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements;
- suggesting or selecting music.
Desired skills and experience
- 3+ years of experience in video editing
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages: Final Cut Pro , Photoshop, Pro tools or Adobe audition, and Adobe After Effects
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity etc.
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field
How to apply
To apply for the position, mail your resume with a cover letter explaining what motivates you to join us to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Video Editor Application"
We are looking for full-time interns to join our team in Bangalore. Multiple internship positions in digital media, social media and logistics are open for the period between February to November, 2015. Interns would get to work on projects for INKtalks.com, the INK Conference and INK Live.
How to apply
To apply for the position, mail your resume with a cover letter explaining what motivates you to join us to email@example.com with the subject line "Internship Application"