INK conference, in association with TED, is an annual conference that aims to fuel innovation and foster knowledge by bringing together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers on a global stage. The ideas that these speakers put forth are then transmitted worldwide via the World Wide Web, inspiring thought, conversation, and – ultimately – action.
INK's vision is one of global conversation among cultures ancient and new, economies established and developing, and great thinkers, expert and rising. Serving as a platform for the exchange of ideas, the INK Conference aims to educate, energize, and empower young leaders, encouraging intellectual and technological growth through the strength of shared ideas. At INK, we believe the power of conversation can and will create a dynamic world where solutions to global issues are formed using inputs from around the globe.
The inaugural INK Conference arose in December 2010, riding the momentous energy and demand generated from TEDIndia, a one-time conference held in 2009 that expanded TED's reach eastward. Held in Lavasa Hill City near Mumbai, the three-day event revolved around the theme of Untold Stories. Speakers in the fields of art, architecture, dance, design, music, science and social entrepreneurship shared their perspectives – their untold stories – shedding light on the experiences that shape and fuel their particular contributions to the ever-expanding web of global innovation.
A glimpse of featured speakers:
- Alexander Tsiaras, techno-artist
- Anand Kumar, founder of Super 30
- Anil Ananthaswamy, science writer
- Babar Ali, youngest headmaster of a rural school in West Bengal
- Deepak Chopra, bestselling author
- Derek Sivers, musician and founder of CD Baby
- James Cameron, filmmaker
- Jennifer Aaker, social psychologist and Stanford professor
- John-Henry Harris, Lego innovator
- Kevin Kelly, founder of Wired magazine
- Matt Groening, cartoonist and creator of The Simpsons
- Nam Do, co-founder of Emotive
- Philippe Starck, design guru
- Sunitha Krishnan, anti-trafficking activist
Diving back into the intricacies and histories that inspire great thinkers and doers from around the globe, INK2011 will explore the Power of the Journey. The conference will be held in Jaipur December 8 to 11, featuring an equally accomplished lineup of speakers from across the world.